What is Kratom?
Kratom (Mitragyna Speciosa), is a tropical evergreen tree native to Southeast Asia. Kratom is in the same family as the Coffee Tree and has been used for a myriad of reasons by local people of SE Asia over the last few centuries. Kratom is traditionally brewed as a tea using the dried leaves, or a powder made from them. The leaves can also be refined into more efficient and easy to standardize extracts. While there’s hundreds of years of anecdotal evidence showing Kratom’s use in Southeast Asia, it is only now beginning to be seriously researched in the western world.
Where does Kratom come from?
Most kratom on the U.S. market comes from Indonesia. Most of the Indonesian kratom comes from the islands of Borneo (Kalimantan) and Sumatra although it is found in many other islands as well.
Other strains of kratom on the market are from Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam although in much smaller quantities.
Is Kratom legal?
Kratom is legal in most countries including the United States with the exception of several states and cities. If in doubt please check with your local authorities. Kratom is either illegal or is not allowed to be imported into the following countries : Thailand, Australia, Burma, Poland, Lithuania, Malaysia, Romania, Myanmar and Vietnam.
USA LEGALITY – A QUICK RUN DOWN
- Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin – Kratom is illegal to buy, sell and use. Unfortunately we will not ship to these states.
- Illinois – Kratom is legal for use, with the exception of Jerseyville, to people over the age of 18.
- California – Kratom is legal to buy, sell and use, but banned in the city of San Diego.
- Florida – Kratom is legal to buy, sell and use, but banned in Sarasota County.
- Mississippi – Kratom is legal to buy, sell and use, but banned in Union County.
- Colorado – Kratom is legal in Colorado, with an exception in Denver where it is “illegal for human consumption.”
How do I use Kratom?
There are endless references and recommendations on the internet on how people use kratom. It comes down to taste and preference. The overwhelming bitterness of this powerful herb turns many users away from drinking it straight as a tea. The “toss & wash” method is a common practice as well as using an oblate disc to “parachute the kratom”. Many users find that citrus juices like orange juice and grapefruit juice not only mask the taste, but potentiate the effects of their kratom. You can also purchase kratom in gelatin or cellulose capsules, but if you prefer this method we recommend looking into buying kratom powder and capsuling it yourself to save money.
What’s a Good Starting Dose?
No Kratom FAQ would be complete without a guide to kratom dosage. We recommend starting small with no more than 2g if you’re trying it for the first time. Once you can gauge how your body responds add .5g-1g at a time until you reach your desired result. Generally 6g of kratom or more would be considered a large dose and not recommended for inexperienced users.
What are the effects of Kratom?
In small amounts kratom is a natural energy booster that produces mood enhancing effects. In higher amounts it becomes more of a sedative and makes a very good alternative for pain relief and sleep support.
Is Kratom dangerous?
If Kratom is not mixed with other drugs or excessive alcohol it is very safe. There are many scientific journals that show exactly how safe kratom is. Unlike opioid based drugs Kratom has not been shown to cause respiratory failure.
There are many controversies surrounding kratom and it’s up to each of us individually to discern the available information and make our own choices. Please follow your local laws and join us in the fight to keep kratom safe and legal!
How much Kratom should I use for the right effects?
This comes down to the individual. Start out with a smaller amount and see how your body responds. Once you become a bit more familiar with it, it will be easy to determine how much you need for the desired effects. Please note that it is possible to build up a tolerance to Kratom therefore you should bear in mind what you are using it for and your desired results.
For lighter recreational use, say for energy performance, it is better to use infrequently and not exceed a certain amount. For people suffering from chronic pain or drug withdrawal there are many sites that detail various protocols for dealing with such issues or feel free to send us an email here.
Do you regularly test your products?
Yes, our kratom products currently go through 3 rounds of testing to ensure alkaloid content and purity. We test each new batch of Kratom as soon as we receive it to ensure purity, quality and consistency. Our Kratom is always all-natural, with no additives, fillers, or chemicals.
Will I fail a drug test if I take Kratom?
While kratom alkaloids bind to the mu-opioid receptors causing an opiate like effect, the alkaloids present in kratom are structurally different from opiates and will not cause you to test positive on an opiate drug test.
It is possible to test for kratom alkaloids, but due to kratom’s legal status, it is hardly ever tested for. That may change if kratom’s legal status were to change, but for now, it is highly unlikely that you will be tested for kratom.
What makes it even less likely is that testing for the presence of kratom is currently a very expensive undertaking. Kratom drug tests cost a lot of money to run, so they hardly ever happen as they’re seen as an unnecessary cost. Standard drug tests will not look for kratom.
Could Kratom Cause a False Positive?
A false positive is when you test positive for a drug you didn’t take. There are many different reasons you could falsely test positive, kratom probably isn’t one of them. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll have a false positive from taking kratom, as the alkaloids in kratom aren’t present in any drugs that are often tested for.
How can I order Kratom?
How do I choose the right Kratom strain?
Try a few! People respond differently to the various strains of kratom. The reasons why are not entirely clear based on current research, but the best way to find out what works for you is to try a few.
Normally greens and whites are known to be more uplifting, energizing and euphoric, whereas reds and golds are more sedating, mentally stimulating, and a bit heavier. The differences between strains is purely anecdotal at this time so see what you like by trying a few different kinds.
When will I receive my order?
Krizzurp & Co will always ship your order the day it’s received. We use USPS Priority shipping and all orders are delivered within a few business days, no matter where you are in the country.*
*Please note we do NOT ship to any regions where kratom is currently banned.
What payment options do you offer?
We do our best to make it easy on our customers so when you place an order you can choose your preferred method and send the payment at your convenience. Feel free to contact us if you want to place an order via email or over the phone.
What if I’m not satisfied with the product?
You can contact us directly, we have a money back guarantee that states if you’re not 100% satisfied with your kratom then we’ll refund your order.
Why order from Krizzurp & Co?
At Krizzurp & Co, our products have unmatched quality and we strive to deliver exceptional customer service. We source our products from the best farms in the world, abiding by Fair Trade practices and using state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the purity and potency of our all-natural Kratom products. We do our best to give back to our customers and community in the best ways possible. If you have any questions about our products or our practices, simply email our customer support team and we will help find the right strain of Kratom for you.
What are you doing to give back?
- $25k+ of Kratom & CBD products donated to Veterans, Chronic Pain Patients & Recovering Addicts.
- $20k+ of Kratom & CBD products donated to our customers & social media followers.
- $5k+ donated to keeping Cannabis & Kratom legal.
- $2k+ donated directly to individuals impacted by the 2020 lockdowns.
- $1k+ in $Cashapp & BTC giveaways.
- 500+ Trees planted in
- the USA
- & other parts of the World
- Regular donations made to:
- Charity: Water
- Operation Underground Railroad
Is Kratom Legal in My State?
Below you will find the breakdown of all 50 states along with the legal status of kratom there:
- Alabama – kratom is banned,
- Alaska – kratom is legal,
- Arizona – kratom is legal, there was a bill that proposed a kratom ban in 2014, but it was left out of the bill; Arizona passed the Kratom Consumer Protection Act in late April 2019,
- Arkansas – kratom is banned,
- California – kratom is currently legal except for the city of San Diego,
- Colorado – kratom is legal. The City of Denver prohibits the sale of kratom for human consumption, though it is legal to sell it as long as it is not for human consumption. However, Parker Town and Monument Town prohibit kratom sales.
- Connecticut – kratom is legal,
- Delaware – kratom is legal,
- Florida – kratom is banned in Sarasota County, but it’s legal everywhere else in Florida,
- Georgia – kratom is legal. There was a bill to ban it; however, it did not pass; Georgia was the third state to pass the Kratom Consumer Protection Act,
- Hawaii – kratom is legal, though there is pending legislation to ban it,
- Idaho – kratom is legal,
- Illinois – kratom is legal for those over the age of 18 except for Jerseyville City. There is pending legislation to qualify possession of kratom a misdemeanor, though there is no set hearing date,
- Indiana – kratom is banned,
- Iowa – kratom is legal. A bill to ban it did not pass,
- Kansas – kratom is legal. A bill to criminalize it was removed. Now, Kansas is reviewing the Kratom Consumer Protection Act,
- Kentucky – a bill to make kratom a controlled substance did not pass. As a result, kratom remains legal,
- Louisiana – kratom is legal. However, a bill to ban kratom if the DEA schedules it has passed,
- Maine – a bill to ban kratom did not pass; so, it remains legal; currently, Maine is considering the Kratom Consumer Protection Act,
- Maryland – kratom is legal, but there is pending legislation to ban kratom alkaloids,
- Massachusetts – kratom is legal
- Michigan – kratom is legal, there is pending legislation to make kratom a Schedule II drug,
- Minnesota – kratom is legal,
- Mississippi – kratom is illegal in a number of counties and cities in Mississippi and a few more counties and cities are currently debating whether to ban kratom or not, yet remains legal elsewhere in the state. However, there is a bill to ban kratom in the state,
- Missouri – kratom is legal, currently, Missouri is reviewing the Kratom Consumer Protection Act and a few counties are debating a potential kratom ban,
- Montana – kratom is legal,
- Nebraska – kratom is legal,
- Nevada – kratom is legal and regulated according to the KCPA,
- New Hampshire – a bill to criminalize kratom did not pass. Instead, legislators amended it to allow kratom for those over 18. Kratom is illegal in Franklin City, but remains legal in the rest of the state,
- New Jersey – kratom is legal at the moment. Nonetheless, there is pending legislation to ban it,
- New Mexico – kratom is legal,
- New York – although multiple intents to ban kratom have been made, it is still legal. Yet, there is pending legislation to regulate kratom in New York State,
- North Carolina – even though a bill to ban kratom was introduced, it remains legal for those older than 18,
- North Dakota – kratom is legal,
- Ohio – kratom is legal, the state is considering regulating kratom,
- Oklahoma – kratom is legal, a bill to ban kratom did not pass. There are currently two bills – one to regulate kratom and another to ban it,
- Oregon – kratom is legal, and the authorities are considering regulating it,
- Pennsylvania – kratom is legal, and there is pending legislation to regulate it,
- Rhode Island – kratom is banned; however, there is pending legislation that may reverse the kratom ban and make it legal and regulated,
- South Carolina – kratom is legal,
- South Dakota – kratom is legal,
- Tennessee – kratom in plain leaf form is legal for those over 21,
- Texas – kratom is legal,
- Utah – kratom is legal. Although there was a bill to make kratom a controlled substance, it did not pass. On March 26th, 2019, Utah passed the Kratom Consumer Protection Act making it the first state which regulates kratom. Under this bill, vendors need to comply with regulations such as testing kratom before selling it thus making Utah the safest state for buyers.
- Vermont – kratom is banned, but pending legislation may reverse the ban,
- Virginia – kratom is legal, but there is pending legislation to study whether kratom should be banned,
- Washington – kratom is legal,
- West Virginia – kratom is legal,
- Wisconsin – kratom is banned. However, there is a possibility that the state will remove the ban and pass the Kratom Consumer Protection Act instead,
- Wyoming – kratom is legal.
In addition to the 50 states, kratom is also legal in the U.S. capitol Washington D.C. The authorities first banned kratom in 2016, but amended the controlled substance act and removed it in 2019.
The statements on this website have not been evaluated or approved by the FDA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, mitigate, or prevent any condition or disease.
WIN FREE KRATOM!
Enter your email below and then follow the instructions we send to your inbox to enter our free kratom giveaway!